Timeless Harmony Studio
Timeless Harmony Studio issues this policy to be sure the student and parent understands all expectations and guidelines. If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Fees, tuition and materials:
• Private piano lessons are given weekly in sessions of 30 minutes. Advanced level students may have a session up to 45 minutes, but this is not required.
- A full studio year consists of roughly 11 months, August through June. The first term will be mid-August through December and the second term will be January through mid-June. Timeless Harmony Studio accepts payment methods of check or cash; or Paypal with a 3.5% convenience fee. Payments can be mailed (if postmarked by the 1st), dropped off or brought to a lesson. If lesson is scheduled after the 1st, payment may be given the previous month if postmarked by the 1st of each month.
- Tuition rates are determined based on the studio calendar of 16 lessons given between August to December and 24 lessons given between January and June making a total of 40 lessons per year. Three weeks per year (3 lessons worth) are reserved for the teacher in case of illness, conference attendance and vacations (with advanced notice). If the teacher decides to take these weeks off, tuition will still be due but a makeup lesson will be provided for the student at the end of the term at no expense to the student. (See Lesson Attendance for lessons that will not be charged)
- Dates for beginning lessons will be given at least 2 weeks prior to the start date.
- A non-refundable $20 fee per student will be charged per term for program incentives and recitals given per term. The fee will be due by August 23rd, 2018 and January 2nd, 2019.
Payments are accepted in two of the following ways:
- In equal monthly installments. Payments are due on the first of the month and no invoice will be provided unless requested.
- Or, in two large, equal installments. Payments are due on August 1st and January 1st.
• If a payment is more than 5 days late the instructor will have to cancel the lessons until payment can be made current.
• Students will be required to purchase music and method books periodically throughout the year. The student can purchase his or her own material or the instructor may select the material with reimbursement.
Lesson Attendance, Make-Up Lessons and Breaks:
• Students are expected to arrive at their appointed lesson on time. If the student arrives late, the time cannot be made up. Parents and siblings are welcome to wait quietly in waiting area in dining room or living room, wait in their vehicle in the driveway, or run errands so long as they return to pick up their student on time. It is recommended to arrive at least 5 minutes early to discuss student’s progress. Parents are welcome to attend the lesson provided it does not distract the child. For beginner students, parents are required to attend a lesson once a month to be sure the student is making the most progress.
• Make-up lessons can be provided based on availability of the instructor in cases of an emergency. (Death in the family or if instructor has illness or vacation) The instructor must be notified as soon as possible in these situations. There will be no unexcused make up lessons and full tuition will still be due the first of the month. If the student is ill, the instructor will make a note of attendance and provide makeup classes throughout the term to accommodate those that had an excused missed lesson.
- The instructor must be notified of any changes to a previously scheduled lesson one day prior to the cancelation. If the student or parent were not able to get directly in touch with the instructor, a voice mail or text message would be appreciated. A Swap List with scheduled times and phone number of other parents will be given in the event of a planned vacation.
- Lessons will not be held on Thanksgiving Day, the week of Christmas and the entire month of July unless notified by instructor. A schedule will be sent out the beginning of the year to verify these dates. Tuition will not be charged during this time.
Practice and Instrument
It is important to know that the improvement of the student is based on the amount of preparation for the lesson. Parents are encouraged to participate in their child’s progress. Practice times will be determined by instructor on an individual basis. All students are required to have access to a piano for their allotted practice time. Keyboards can be used only for beginner levels. Acoustic piano should be turned twice per year.
- Each year, the studio schedules a number of exciting events for the students and their families. The following are ways to stay informed regarding studio news and events.
Newsletter- Every two months, a newsletter will be sent via email. It will contain news about past events and what is coming up.
Studio website and blog:timelessharmonystudio.com and timelessharmonystudioblog.com have general information about lessons as well as blogs about practice tips, announcements, photos and basic contact information.
Facebook Page: Please like our page, Timeless Harmony Studio, and get the latest updates and news. Also, you may view photo albums of recitals and programs hosted throughout the year.
Phone call/text message/email: The teacher always welcomes emails, phone calls or text messages about any questions the parent or student may have. The best time to reach the teacher are hours between 10am-1pm.
- Studio policy may be subject at full discretion of instructor but every effort will be made to notify each student/family of any changes at least 2 weeks prior to implementation.
- Every student stops taking lessons at some point. Ideally, this decision is made thoughtfully with plenty of discussion between the teacher, parent, and student so that lessons can cease with a positive sense of closure. For this reason, the teacher asks for one months notice in writing prior to discontinuing lessons. However, the teacher respects the students right to end lessons at any time. Note: At the discretion of the teacher, students may be asked to discontinue lessons at any time if they have unpaid tuition, an excess amount of absences/unprepared lessons, or if they show a lack of interest.